We are a youth-led and volunteer-run nonprofit organization that empowers youth voices by providing a safe and inclusive space for youth to share their thoughts, ideas and perspectives on issues that matter to them. Through our programs, we hope to address the lack of youth representation in the mainstream media, where youth voices are often undervalued and not considered.
INKspire was founded in 2016 through a successful Kickstarter campaign that garnered over $10,000 in funding from 170+ backers. Since then, INKspire’s programs have benefited thousands of youth and emerging writers across Canada who have published more than 600 pieces on INKspire’s online publication.
Supported by hundreds of youth volunteers, INKspire has established many programs that provide accessible programming to youth artists across Canada including:
- INKspire Publication: platform for youth to share their thoughts, ideas and perspectives.
- INKspire Summit: annual summit that brings youth together to solve real-world challenges facing their community.
- INKspire Chapters: chapters at various universities and colleges across Canada
- Write to Discover: creative writing program for youth that strives to strengthen writing skills through self-reflection and creative expression.
- Story Matters: annual arts-focused event that connects local creatives to youth.
- DearMac: interactive installation that connects students, faculty and staff in the McMaster community through letters.
- Building Youth Capacity: experiential program that has supported seven youth on a paid full/part-time work experience throughout the year.
As an organization dedicated to empowering youth voices, we will continue to provide youth with opportunities to express themselves through interactive and engaging projects with a focus on sharing their stories.
INKspire would not be possible without the support of our partners and supporters.
We are honoured to have been featured by these companies and organizations.