Are you interested in writing for INKspire?
Any youth (ages 14-29) can write for INKspire. Your first step would be to apply as a guest contributor or writer here. Once your application has been approved, you can start writing for INKspire!
What happens when you submit to INKspire?
Once you submit your piece, our editors will review your work and provide feedback. Please be patient as we receive a lot of submissions and it may take us 1-2 weeks to respond to your work.
INKspire strives to empower and engage youth ages 14 – 29 from any demographics. All submissions should be easily readable for the target audience.
While INKspire encourages contributors to express their thoughts and opinions, be considerate and open to alternative ideas on the issues you are writing about. Refrain from using a biased tone and consider mentioning alternative perspectives. Refrain from writing in a purely academic tone that might make it difficult for some readers to understand such as the use of jargons and acronyms.
INKspire accepts a variety of content submissions. Below are some types of submissions and their general writing and formatting guidelines.
- Blog Articles: Blog articles quickly deliver a specific message to the reader, such as raising awareness for a particular issue. They are usually directed at a pre-defined audience. The style is conversational and informal.
- Feature Articles: Feature articles have a more personal voice compared to news articles. The style is narrative, descriptive, and anecdotal. But make sure your opinion does not skew the facts!
- Q&As/Interviews: Articles written from an interview should be written and formatted to be a refined revision of the oral transcript. The author has full discretion of what to include or exclude from the original interview into the final submission. However, the author may not transcribe the interview in a way that distorts the intended message of the interviewee(s). The author must provide a brief introduction to the interview.
- Creative Writing: Creative writing includes poems, short stories, personal essays, and monologues. All creative writing submissions need to be accompanied with a brief description about the work. In short, it should answer the question “What inspired you to make this piece?”.
- Artwork: Artwork includes comics and caricatures, photography, graphic illustrations, and scanned reproductions of hand-produced art. All artwork submissions need to be accompanied with a brief description about the work. In short, it should answer the question “What inspired you to make this piece”.
For more information, please consult INKspire’s Style Guide.