Welcome to INKspire! By using our website or submitting content for publication, you agree to abide, and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and such other terms, conditions, rules or policies which are displayed on our website (the “Terms”). These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada.
We may modify these Terms at any time
We may change these Terms at any time. If the changes are substantial, we’ll let you know by email or by posting a notice on the website before the changes go into effect. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you may delete your account within the Notice Period by emailing us at email@example.com. If you do not delete your account within the Notice Period, your continued use of the website will be subject to the new terms going forward.
We may modify our Services at any time
We will do our best to provide our users a reliable and evolving service, but we may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the service, at any time, without notice. We may discontinue or suspend our site or terminate your use at any time, with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for such modification, suspension or discontinuance of our site.
Contributors’ age limitations
Being a youth-oriented platform, contributors to INKspire must be between the ages of 14 to 29 (inclusive). INKspire readers have no age limits, but if you want to submit a post to INKspire, you must be between 14-29 years old.
By submitting content to INKspire, you agree:
- to give us permission to use your content in our services, including, but not limited to storing, displaying, reproducing and distributing. This may include promoting your content with partner companies or services for broader broadcast, distribution, or publication. This means that everything you submit to INKspire can be published, meaning it may be available for the public to see.
- that INKspire will pre-screen your submission before publication and therefore, has the right to edit, modify or refuse to publish any content you submit. You will be notified of the status of your submission along with comments from one of our editing team members (if applicable).
- that your content contains only true and accurate statements and that you have properly cited your sources.
- that your content is not threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or otherwise unlawful.
- that you are not impersonating any person or entity.
- that you are not advertising or promoting a product, service, company or yourself.
- that you are not violating others’ privacy, including personal or confidential information like credit card numbers, social security numbers, or non-public contact information.
- that you own or have the necessary rights to post your content on INKspire, and that doing so doesn’t conflict with any other licenses you’ve granted.
You own the rights to the content you submit to INKspire. We do not claim ownership over any of it.
You are free to delete your content from INKspire at any time, but you must do so by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be a delay in removing it from public view due to operational requirements. We retain, but do not publicly display, backup copies of your deleted content on our servers. If you delete your account or content, it may be permanently unrecoverable.
By submitting to INKspire, you agree that you are not entitled to, and do not expect any wages or compensation from us for any of your content. You must obtain and pay for your own computer, internet access, third-party clearances, licenses and anything else you need to create and submit your content to us.
INKspire exists for youth to share their ideas, opinions, thoughts and creativity. Users will inevitably submit content that other people may not agree with. INKspire is a shared and open space for youth.
The views reflected in the content of our platform are not necessarily reflective of the views of INKspire and its partners. We are an online platform; but are not responsible for the opinions expressed by our content contributors. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed.
Although INKspire will have an editorial team reviewing submissions to the site, we cannot guarantee full accuracy or reliability of the information, data, opinions and statements presented on the site. We ask that if you find discrepancies or misleading information on our website, to please report it to us immediately.
When you submit to INKspire, you still own full copyrights to your works. However, we expect that you respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. Unless you’re authorized to use someone else’s copyrighted or trademarked work (either expressly or by legal exceptions and limitations like fair use), don’t do it.
If for any reason you’d like us to remove or to correct a post you’ve submitted, please contact us by email at email@example.com and we will promptly fulfill your requests.
You may view, download and print pages or images from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms.
But you must not:
- Republish material from this website unless you own the copyrights to the material (including replication on another website)
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose
- Edit or modify any material on the website
- Edit or modify any material printed off or downloaded in any way
- Redistribute material from this site unless the redistribution leads people directly back to this site
You can share INKspire content on social media; but can only republish the content elsewhere with the permission of the authors. (You will be able to find the authors’ contact information on their page.)
As an INKspire contributor, you are welcome to include a biography of yourself on your page as well as leave contact information and social media links to readers who would like to get in touch with you. However, in doing so, you agree that INKspire will not be held liable for how third parties will use the information you’ve provided.
All submissions to INKspire must be originally created in English or translated to English. INKspire will not publish any content written in another language.
We make no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Canada. If you access this site from other locations, you agree that you are doing so on your own initiative and that you are wholly responsible for compliance with local laws.
Third-party account use for sign-ins
We may use your IP address (the location of your computer on the internet) to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our sites, to gauge the popularity of content areas, and to gather broad demographic information for prospective advertisers.
INKspire uses Google Analytics, a web analytics services provided by Google. Google Analytics analyze how users use INKspire. The information generated about your use (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of INKspire, compiling reports on activity for its staff and providing other services relating to web page activity and internet usage.
Disclaimers: Our site is available “as is.” We do not warrant that our site will be uninterrupted or error-free. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed on this site or available through links on our site. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes on our site. Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, “Trojan Horses” or other destructive materials to our site, we do not guarantee or warrant that our site or materials that may be downloaded from our site do not contain such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. If you rely on our site and any materials available through our site, you do so solely at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, you agree that INKspire will not be liable for any damages, whatsoever, including any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages, and any damages for loss of profits or other intangible losses, regardless of whether INKspire would have foreseen the possibility of such damages, arising out of or in connection with our website.
You will be responsible for any harm we suffer as a result of your violation of these terms. You agree to hold harmless INKspire and its affiliates, and their respective members, from and against all loses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Terms.
By continuing to use our site, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
Date of Last Revision: February 15, 2021